The most delicious beef ragu you'll ever taste!
Warm and hearty, beef ragu is a staple on our dining table in the colder months.
The ingredients are:
* 500g diced beef
* 1.5 liter beef stock
* 3 tablespoon Perigord blend
* 2 shallots, halved and sliced
* 4 garlic cloves , sliced
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 stick celery, diced
* 3 small potatoes
* 12 button mushrooms, quartered
* 150 ml red wine, Shiraz is good.
* 3 tablespoon flour
* 2 tablespoon duck fat, or olive oil
1. Heat up a casserole pan with duck fat, cook the shallots and garlic until slightly brown.
2. Add the rest of the vegetables and the Périgord spice blend. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Then set aside in a different plate.
3. Add some more duck fat to the casserole pan and cook the meat on high heat until brown on all sides. Then add the plain flour and stir to coat the meat.
4. Pour in the red wine and scrap the bottom of the pan to release the yummy bits stuck at the bottom.
5. Add the vegetables and the beef stock and cook covered at 3/4 for about 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally
6. Alternatively you can cook that delicious beef ragout in a slow cooker or in the oven at 140 while you’re at work for 9 hours or overnight.