Zucchini slice is such a great meal to make on the weekend and refridgerate for the week ahead, or just enjoy warm and delicious out of the oven!
The ingredients are:
* 375 gram zucchini, finely grated
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 5 rashers bacon, finely chopped
* 1 cup grated manchego or Parmesan cheese
* 1 cup plain flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 5 eggs
* salt, pepper
* 2 tablespoon Bresse blend
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the grated zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle sea salt over the top ( about 20 g). Mix well and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile heat a fry pan with olive oil and cook the onions and bacon until crispy.
4. Place the zucchini in a towel and squeeze out the liquid. Then put the zucchini back in a clean bowl.
5. Add the free range eggs, grated cheese, bacon, onions, Le Fermier Bresse blend and mix well to combine.
6. Add the flour and baking powder, mix well and transfer the mix to a pre greased baking tray.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes.