Hot Cross Bun Negroni, Michelin Chef style!
What's better than a negroni? A hot cross bun flavoured negroni!
Make this delicious drink by using these ingredients:
* 60ml spiced gin
* 60ml Rosso Sweet Vermouth
* 30ml Aperol
* 30ml Campari Apertif
* 2 slices orange
* Squeeze of orange juice
For the Spice Gin
* 1/2 a cinnamon quill
* 2 allspice berries
* 1/4 of a nutmeg, coarsely grated
* 1/4 cup natural sultanas
* 1 tbsp currants
* 400ml Hendricks Gin
1. Toast spices in a clean dry frying pan over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer to a jar, add the sultanas and currants and pour over gin. Leave for 24 hours or preferably 3+ days to infuse.
2. Strain 60mls of spiced gin into a cocktail shaker. Add vermouth, pear schnapps and Campari, fill with ice and shake for 20-30 seconds.
3. To serve, strain over a large ice cube, set into 2 short serving glasses with an orange slice on top. Finish with a squeeze of orange juice. Enjoy!