A delicious, warming lamb shanks recipe that we know you're going to come back to time and time again!
The ingredients are:
* 4 lamb shanks
* 1 brown onion, diced
* 4 clove garlic, chopped
* 1 stick celery, diced
* 1 carrot, diced
* 2 tablespoon Louisiana blend
* 20 ml whisky
* 150ml red whine
* 1 litre beef stock
* 300ml Passata
* 1 tablespoon duck fat, or olive oil
1. Start by heating up your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Rub the lamb shanks with half of the Louisiana blend.
3. Heat up a casserole dish with the duck fat and cook the lamb shanks until brown on all sides. Set aside.
4. Then cook the onion and garlic for roughly 5 minutes. Add the diced carrots, the rest of the Louisiana blend and diced celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Put the lamb shanks on top of the veggies. Pour in the whiskey and let almost evaporate. Then add the red wine and reduce by half.
6. Add the Passata and beef stock, bring to the boil and then pop the lid on.
7. Bake in the hot oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.