If you've got some banana's you need to use up or simply love making some delicious banana bread, then this is for you! Of course, this is banana bread with my Michelin Chef style special twist!
The ingredients are:
* ⅓ cup (75 grams) melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high quality vegetable oil*
* 168 g honey
* 2 eggs
* 225g smashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
* 56 g full fat milk
* 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren’t the same!)
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoon Sevilla Blend
* 220g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
3. Add the baking soda, Sevilla blend, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok!
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with Sevilla Blend . You can add a thinly sliced banana on top for extra flavor.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean .Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.